Monday, September 24, 2012

Imaginary Illness' on SL

This is always been something on my mind for a long time. Always something I've been annoyed with. So I am about to ask you all a loaded and very controversial question:

How many "sick" people do you know on SL?

There are a lot of people on SL for several reasons, and I realize there are many people with conditions that make it that they are stuck at home, cannot work and otherwise only have SL to maintain a social life. I will not doubt there are many people with real problems who are here amongst us. Yet it gets ridiculous when I hear the typical ones by many people, who honestly I believe are just attention seeking whores.

I will cite my skepticism by someone whom I first known on SL. I have given his initial many times on this blog, titled C. You see, he is someone who would not let me, or anyone else forget how sick and dying he was. He always talked about his pain..and I fell for it. It was how he controlled people around him.  He used it as an excuse to be a jerk, used it as blackmail to keep people around him and most of it he used it to fuel my guilt. It was not until later that I found that wasn't very sick at all. Hell, his own roommate admitted that he lied about a lot of things.

Course I will not focus on all the lies. I want to focus on the sick thing. I am so disgusted by the amount of people who do this.I have heard stories of people claiming to be sick on one alt, but then playing on another while said alt is "in the hospital getting chemo." Another example is when I encountered someone being rude to one off my staff members one day, and IMed him and told him not to insult my staff in my club. His response?

"FUCK YOU I HAVE CANCER."

..and? You think I honestly care about your imaginary cancer? Yes, I said imaginary, because I am way past giving people the benefit of the doubt on here. It's a sad truth, but I know (for the most part) how true cancer, terminally ill, chronically ill people behave. In most cases, including myself, people who are sick do not like to talk about it let alone spread it around. Why? The pity, the attention, the questions.. it becomes too much. People who are truly sick work to not dwell on it but live through it, past it..and usually like to keep it private. I myself have disclosed the details of my RL and my life to the right people and friends, I never broadcast my struggles nor ask for pity. It's not my style, nor is it not the style of people I know who are legitimately ill.

 But if you're an lying attention whore? Well all those sorrys, asspats and huggles must make you feel FANTASTIC. Forget the fact you are lying, using your so-called friends, manipulating their emotions, hell making them cry over you when all you are is just healthy as a horse and feeding from the attention. These people especially use it as an excuse to act like an ass as well. "Well I'm sick, I don't care what I say or do." Even if they were really sick, no one has an excuse to act out like an immature prat or a bully. The best thing about these people is that eventually they are not hard to figure out. They're always claiming to be dying, but they're always somehow online to make miraculous overnight recoveries...or you ask them about their illness and they seem to stumble.

Again, I know this may get negative reviews. "Omg Yu, how dare you question them! What if they really are sick?" ...Yeah? You know how many times I don't even want to open my mouth because of what people say and think? Since there are so many people who fake their diseases here online, I myself am faced with doubt, therefore I honestly don't bother talking about it. Ever. Those who employ me get the gist when I have to take a leave..my most loved ones know everything, otherwise it's no ones goddamn business. I'm not here to make people feel sad, I'm here to share friendship and adventures.

I'm not saying do not support your friends. Again I know there are several people who are sick and have opened up to share it. It takes a brave soul to, and it takes great friends to be there for you. Yet just be wary of those alts that seem to revolve their world..and your world around their sickness.

So a word to the wise, I would like to remind all those who do claim to be sick to be careful, because any funds, donations or whatever things you may receive? That's fraud and a felony in pretty much every country. Also karma has quite the sense of humor..keep pretending you have some sort if terminal disease and you may just get what you wish for.

Until next time,

Yu

No comments:

Post a Comment