Sunday, September 9, 2012

Dealing with Tantrums

I was not planning on writing this soon. Yet most bloggers know that they write when something is on their mind. And this is exactly what I am doing right now. I am not happy to write this but I feel like this is a good way to express myself and convey to others what they should do in these kinds of situations.

You see, today I was the victim of another users tantrum. To be honest I am not sure what triggered it. The user was a facebook friend of random one day. It was not until later that I found out he was the alt of someone I used to know. Of course, that is none of my business so I said "huh" and moved on. It wasn't until today that they decided to attack and say I can't hold anything over their head. Funny thing was, I never did nor cared enough to. I was doing my thing. But if you want someone to blame, I guess go ahead and blame me. I've long made peace that in life, not everyone will like me. That is okay. I do me, you do you.

What bothered me is then this user used facebook and tagged me in their hate-filled posts. No one wants to be a part of that. No one wants to see that. Of course when I tried to get to the bottom of why they felt the need to bash me, they said because I was a dick and it was "fun to hate me."  ...Okay. Yet can't you hate me in your own time? Or in my message box? Why must someone attack others in public. Don't you realize you're hurting yourself more by openly displaying your uglier side? Of course though I took the high road, wished them well and let them continue with their tantrum.



Its no different from what a child does, right? They scream and cry and kick and try everything to get a reaction out of you. Yet as an adult we cannot engage. We cannot stoop to their level. It's our job to be the mature ones. Though I tell you my friends, it was not easy but it was overall more satisfying. I did not sully myself in front of my friends and I never became a bully back. I honestly don't like bullies. Of course that raises the "but Yu, you're a jerk." quote I get a lot.

I will own up to that. I am not easy to get along with sometimes. I am brash, outspoken and dead honest and it rubs people the wrong the way. One thing I am not though is bully. I do not attack people. I think the times people see me at my worst is when my friends are being attacked, because I will stick up for them. Of course I will always man up to my own faults. It's a part of being an adult. It is something that I had to eventually learn. There are times I get angry too, there are times I go off when I shouldn't. Yet the times I do will always own up to my mistakes and take responsibility. It's good for the soul.I never flinch when I apologize.

I will let you guys know a little more about the real life me. I will admit I was not the best person in the world. I was forced to moved to America as a teenager and I hated it. I rebelled and became the worst type of person involved in some of the worst types of things. Though it is in the past and I have long been punished for my deeds, I am still not without guilt to the people I have hurt needlessly. Around the age of 21 I was smacked back into reality by karma. Karma had made me sick.  I've been given my punishment and I am still living and struggling with my condition. Course I never feel sorry for myself. It has only given me the strength to try to be the better person.

So remember my SL readers and friends and comrades, if you ever find yourself in a position where you are angry or upset with someone, be sure to address them personally. Making it a public display is just debilitating and hurts everyone else around them. I respect the people who come to me in person, instead of showing passive aggression or blowing it up out of proportion. Again while it's nice to wish people share this maturity, it will not always be the case. So remember, lets take a moment. Breath. Count to ten.. and be the adult.

Until next time,

- Yu

No comments:

Post a Comment